Thinking of You

Monday, June 23, 2014

Last night, before bed, I had the urge to get out my watercolors and create something beautiful. I didn’t know what I was going to create—a card, table number, or just a big mess. I’ve been really wanted to sit down and let loose with watercoloring using a brush instead of my usual approach, which is using distress ink and simply smashing my paper in it, hehe. I have a palette with lots of great shades on it and I use a few of them for this card.
This was also the first time I attempted the iron off embossing technique but I totally failed at it. I don’t know exactly what I did wrong but the computer paper stuck to the embossing instead of removing it. Do any of you (who have tried this) know what I could have done wrong? I had the iron on a low setting, with the steam feature, off. I was wondering if it was my embossing powder. I wasn’t using the WOW embossing powder that I’ve seen most crafters use for this technique—so maybe that could be it? But anyways, since that didn’t work out I had to die cut that piece off of the card; and, instead I simply stamped the ‘thinking of you’ sentiment on a piece of white cardstock and inlayed that into the card. I did the same with the bird and the heart image as well. I actually really like how this card turned out even though I ran into a little problem with the iron off embossing. I think the pink text bubble stands out more.
I used nothing but Lawn Fawn products to design this card. I used the stamp set, Chit Chat, and its coordinating dies. Love you s’more (the “I love you”, sentiment), and the Lets Polka mixed sequins.
I’m so happy I took the time to create this last night, even though I was super tired. I feel like I can relax a little now that I’ve got that out of my system, lol. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole - you didn't have your iron hot enough. The embossing powder has to melt into your scrap paper. Hold it on until it's all melted. Any embossing powder will work. After most of it is melted off, I move it to a clean section of scrap paper and hold the iron on it again to make sure I got it all. We used to do this years ago too, so it's not something new! Here's one I did… https://expressionswithheart.wordpress.com/2014/01/24/memory-box-garden-flora-stencil-and-flower-dies/ Have fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Sometimes you just a simple card that's pretty and this is literally perfect! I love that it says I love you right on the cover!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshiPlayground |